Calling all Community Members, Staff and Students please nominate some of our incredible staff to be recognized at this new event! Nominations are open today and close on February 4. It will only take a minute. Click this link to nominate.
We are excited to announce that twenty-seven school districts are partnering with Channel 5 to recognize exceptional school employees in a program called the “Eastern Wisconsin Excellence in Education" awards. This program is similar to the “Golden Apple” and “Shining Stars” programs in Green Bay and the Fox Valley.
This program allows parents, students, community members, and staff to nominate deserving school employees in the following categories:
- Innovation in work (How has the employee demonstrated innovation in his/her work area?)
- Culture creator in the work environment (How has the employee gone above and beyond in creating a positive school culture?)
- Social/emotional well-being (How has the employee impacted the social/emotional well-being of students and/or the school environment?)
- Community involvement (How has the employee positively impacted the community?)
- Student connection (In what ways has the employee built positive relationships with students?)
Nominations need to be submitted by February 4, 2022. Following the submission deadline, a panel of judges will review each nomination to determine finalists. These finalists will then be asked to elaborate on the work outlined in the nomination. The judges will then select the award recipients in each of the five categories.
The awards show ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2022 at the Kiel Area School District Performing Arts Center. The program will be live streamed on Channel 5’s, WeAreGreenBay.com website.
Nominations can be made by following a link on the Chilton School District Website or by following the link here.