2023-11-20 Board of Education Meeting
- First published on 16 November 2023 Posted in School Board Agendas & Minutes
School District of Chilton
Preparing students to achieve their potential is our highest priority.
530 W. Main Street
Chilton, WI 53014
This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the School District’s business and is not to be considered a public hearing. There may be a time for public comment during the meeting as indicated on the agenda.
Board of Education Meeting
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Community Room of the High School Building
1. Call to order
2. Roll call of members
3. Verification of notice pursuant to s. 19.84 (1)(3) Wis. Stats.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Spotlight on Learning – High School Students/Staff
6. Consent Items: (Board members may remove consent items on the agenda for discussion and/or separate action.)
A. Approval of minutes from previous board meetings, to include committee meetings.
B. Approval of monthly bills and authorization to pay said bills.
C. Treasurer/Financial Report
D. Personnel Approvals
I. Recommendation for Hire:
-Krystal Klebs, Special Education Paraprofessional
-Jennifer Campbell, Special Education Paraprofessional
II. Recommendation for Retirement:
III. Recommendation for Resignation - For Information Only – No Action Required:
-Laura Pennings, Special Education Paraprofessional
IV. COUNTY Employees - For Information Only - No Action Required:
Hire: Debra Calaway, Special Education Paraprofessional
7. Delegations: This is the time for any person attending the meeting as an observer to express a particular comment or concern.
A. Acceptance of the following Gifts to the District:
• Chilton Optimist Club - $1,000.00 - Concession Stand Donation – Committed to Five Years
• Kevin & Karen Dresang -$500.00 – Concession Stand Donation
• Weber Oil Gas Pump – Month of August - $162.01 – Chilton School District
• Association for Handicapable People - $500.00 – Transition Store
• Community Foundation - $900.00 – Book Display Stands – School Libraries Engagement Plan
• Kaytee – Pallet of Bedding for Ag. Department
• David Juckem – Computer Controlled X Carve CNC Router for Tech. Ed. Dept.
• Manitowoc Clipper City Chordsman Choir - $500.00 to the Chilton High School/Middle School Choir Program.
8. Old Business:
A. President’s Report – The Board President will update the Board on various topics.
-The WASB State Convention will be held in Milwaukee from January 17-19, 2024.
Please let Mrs. Dawn Bartel know if you plan to attend.
-School Board Elections – The deadline for filing Notification of Non-Candidacy is
December 22, 2023, and the deadline for filing Declaration of Candidacy and
Campaign Registration Statement is January 2, 2024.
B. Student Board Representative Report – Mr. Brody Waldron, Student Council Board
of Education Representative, will provide an update to the Board on current student
C. Board of Education Committee Reports
Finance Committee Report – The Finance Committee met on Monday,
November 20, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Policy Committee Report – The Policy Committee met on Monday,
November 13, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Buildings and Grounds Committee Report – The Buildings and Grounds
Committee met on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 7:00 a.m. The next
meeting is scheduled on Wednesday, January 10, 2024 at 7:00 a.m.
Education Committee Report – The Education Committee met on Tuesday,
October 17, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. and Monday, November 13, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Co-Curricular Committee Report
9. New Business:
A. Mr. Brody Waldon will provide a presentation on FBLA Regionals being hosted at Chilton School District.
10. Administrative Reports – The following administrators will provide administrative updates on their areas of responsibility:
Mrs. Becky Lemke, Elementary School Principal
-Elementary School Update
• End of First Quarter
• Concerts and Upcoming Events
Mr. Shawn Rude, High School Principal
-High School Update
• Fall Wrap Up
• Winter Events Preview
Mr. Matt Kiel, Middle School Principal
-Middle School Update
• Chilton Middle School Updates
• Penny Drive (Student Council)
• Start of Winter Athletics
• Winter Band and Choir Concerts
Mrs. Sue Kaphingst, Superintendent
• School offices will be closed for the holiday on December 25, 26, 29, 2023 and
January 1, 2024. All school offices may be closed on December 27, and 28,
• Report Card
Mrs. Lori Muench, Director of Pupil Services
-Director of Pupil Services Update
• Indicator 14
Dr. Anna Waldron, Board Clerk
Chilton Public Schools
Upon request to the Superintendent, submitted twenty-four (24) hours in advance, the District shall
make reasonable accommodations including the provision of informational material in an alternative
format for a disabled person to be able to attend this meeting.