In her farewell address to the Chilton staff on the last day of school for the 2010-2011 school year, Dr. Martin described the perfect tee-shirt for Chilton staff members. It would go something like this........
First published on 07 June 2011 Posted in District News
Job Description Top Ten List
- Motivates students
- Inspires administrators
- Counsels parents
- Pays for student lunches and school supplies when they think no one is looking
- Brings warm clothing from home for students ill prepared for Wisconsin winters
- Donates clothing for homeless students
- Dries tears..........many times their own as they listen to student's personal situations that would tear your heart out
- Works 2-3 jobs to make ends meet at home
- Relentless cheerleaders that always hold the brightest candle of hope for the next generation
- Leaps tall buildings in a single bound
Tuesday, June 7, 2001 is the last day of the school year for the School District of Chilton. This will be a half-day of attendance for students with dismissal at 11:30 a.m. On this date, the School District will also be hosting WIAA Baseball sectional games. Game times will be 10:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. In order to accommodate staff parking, student pick-ups (by bus and parent), and event parking, I am requesting the following:
First published on 12 May 2011 Posted in District News
- All Middle School staff members are asked to park their vehicles in the Elementary School parking lot on June 7.
- School busses will enter school property for student pick-up off of Court Street and will line up nose-to-tail, along the curb, on the south end of the ES/MS building. First bus will be behind the MS with remaining busses extending to and beyond the pool entrance. Students will board busses curb-side.
- The School District will request police assistance for an orderly flow of traffic along Court Street onto and off of school property at dismissal time.
Parents need to be made aware of these circumstances, as much as possible, prior to June 7 in order that they can plan accordingly. If possible, it would be appreciated if families could car pool with student pick-up on this day in order to minimize the amount of traffic flow.
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance in planning for a safe and orderly dismissal on June 7, 2011!
Chilton Public School students and families are participating in a weeklong event that encourages families to reduce, voluntarily and dramatically, the amount of screen time that they participate in, in order to promote richer, healthier and more connected lives, families and communities. We ask that you reassess the role SCREENS (TV, DVDs, video-games, computers, social networking sites, and texting) play in your daily lives as entertainer, baby-sitter, time filler, sales force, and background noise. SCREEN FREE WEEK is about having more fun and turning "on" your life. It's an opportunity to rediscover the wide range of free and low cost activities that make life productive, rewarding and fun.
First published on 29 April 2011 Posted in District News
We encourage your whole family to participate in this experiment and leave your screens off for the entire week.
SCREEN FREE WEEK EVENTS:
SUN, May 1: Design your COUCH POTATO!
MON, May 2: Family Reading Night. 6:00–7:00pm @ CE&MS and CCS Library
TUE, May 3: Read Around the School. 6:00–7:30pm @ CES Cafeteria & classrooms
WED, May 4: Family Dinner & Game Night at home with your family
THU, May 5: Maddie's Mystery. 6:30–7:30pm @ Ledge View Nature Center ($2 donation per person)
FRI, May 6: Family Swim Night. 5:00–8:30pm @ CE&MS Pool
First published on 01 February 2011 Posted in District News
Girls Basketball: Chilton @ Valders is now rescheduled for Saturday, February 12 with JV @ 1:30 pm and Varsity starting approximately @ 3:00 pm.
Boys Basketball: Saint Mary Springs @ Chilton is now rescheduled for Monday, February 21 with the traditional 6:00/7:30 pm start times for FR/JV/Varsity.
The Boys JV/Frosh Basketball game Kiel @ Chilton originally scheduled for Monday, February 21 is now been moved up a week to Monday, February 14 with Frosh starting @ 5:30pm and JV starting at 6:45pm. This game has also been relocated and will NOW BE PLAYED AT KIEL.
MS Girls Basketball Chilton @ Mishicot: Rescheduled date to be determined.