2009-02-23 Board Agenda
- First published on 20 February 2009 Posted in School Board Agendas & Minutes
Board of Education Meeting
Engler Center for the Performing Arts
Located in the High School Building
February 23, 2009 @ 6:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the School Board of the Chilton Public School District will meet on Monday, February 23, 2009, at 6:30 p.m. in the Engler Center for the Performing Arts located in the High School building, and that the agenda for said meeting is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call of members
3. Verification of notice pursuant to s. 19.84 (1)(f) Wis. Stats.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Approval of minutes from previous board meetings, to include committee meetings.
6. Approval of monthly bills and authorization to pay said bills.
7. Treasurer/Financial Report
8. Delegations: This is the time for any person attending the meeting as an observer to express
a particular comment or concern.
9. Superintendent's Report: The Superintendent will update the Board on achievements/accomplishments of Chilton students and/or staff.
10. Old Business:
a. President's Report - Paul Meier will update the Board on various topics.
*WASB Convention - A report will be given by Mr. Jerry Kolbe.
b. Policy Committee Report:
*466 - Scholarships
*453.5 - Locker Room Privacy
*422 - Student Personal Websites/Bullying/Cyber Bullying and Hazing Policies
*464.1 - Gifted and Talented
*581 & 582 - Coaching Levels and Attendance at State Functions
*471.1 - Responsibility for Health Program
*473.5 - Emergency Nursing Service Statement of Standards
*562.2 - Physician Responsibility
*723.51 - Community Support Organization Policy
*525 - Criminal Background Checks
c. Buildings and Grounds Committee Report - The Buildings and Grounds Committee will give their recommendation regarding the development of a five (5) year maintenance plan.
d. Co-Curricular Committee Report - The Co-Curricular Committee will make a recommendation regarding pool fees for non-resident swimmers.
e. Finance Committee Report - The Finance Committee will discuss the selection process used in identifying a Health Insurance Consultant.
f. District Leadership Team Presentation - The building leadership teams from the Middle School, High School and Elementary School will provide an update on their building goals and school improvement implementation plans.
g. Proposed Budget Reductions for the 2009-2010 School Year - Dr. Martin will present a PowerPoint presentation regarding recommended budget reductions for the 2009-2010 school year.
11. New Business:
a. Student Field Trip Approvals - We have the following requests for student field trips:
Mr. Dick Gilles to take band students to Florida from June 17-21, 2009.
Ms. Jamie Koehler and Mr. Russ Wurm to take a Senior class trip to Great America on June 4, 2009.
b. Youth Options Request - We are recommending approval of a Youth Options requests for a student to take the following course: CNA at Fox Valley Technical College.
c. Personnel Approvals - Recommendation for Retirement: Mrs. Mary Schweitzer, First Grade Teacher.
12. Administrative Reports - Given the scope of this agenda, the administrators will provide administrative updates at the March Board of Education meeting.
Mrs. Debra Hintz, Clerk
Board of Education