2008-02-18 Regular Agenda
- First published on 10 October 2008 Posted in School Board Agendas & Minutes
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF CHILTON
Board of Education Meeting
Community Room of the High School Building
February 18, 2008 @ 7:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the School Board of the Chilton Public School District will meet on Monday, February 18, 2008, at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the High School building, and that the agenda for said meeting is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call of members
3. Verification of notice pursuant to s.19.84 (1)f) Wis. Stats.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Approval of minutes from previous board meetings, to include committee meetings.
6. Approval of monthly bills and authorization to pay said bills.
7. Treasurer's Report
8. Delegations: This is the time for any person attending the meeting as an observer to
express a particular comment or concern.
9. Superintendent's Report: The Superintendent will update the Board on achievements/accomplishments of
Chilton students and/or staff.
10. Old Business:
a. President's Report - Paul Meier will update the Board on various topics.
b. WASB - LuAnn Bird, WASB - February 25, 2008 at 7:30 p.m.
c. Policy Committee Report - 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Readings of Revised Policies -
*Policy 531 - Classification of Teachers
*Policy 726.1 - School Lunch Monies
*Policy 727.1 - Classification of Funds
*Policy 728.151 - Responsibility for Safeguarding
*Policy 750 - Food Services
*Policy 725.15 - Military Duty Leave
*Policy 335.2 - Adoption of Special
Education Policy & Procedures
*Policy 173.3 - Major Areas of Responsibility
*Policy 165.2 - Board of Education Reorganization
*Policy 755-Wellness Policy
*Policy 154 & 155 - Remuneration & Reimbursement of Expenses
*Policy 465-Graduation Requirements
d. Athletic Committee Report - The Athletic Committee will make recommendations to the Board on the following agenda items:
*Deadline Dates for Participation in Sports
*Charging Fees at Athletic Events
*Valders Boys Swimming Co-op
e. Proposed Budget Reductions for the 2008-2009 School Year - Dr. Martin will present a PowerPoint presentation regarding recommended budget reductions for the 2008-2009 school
11. New Business:
a. Personnel Approvals -
Resignation: Pat Stenz, District Office Accounts Payable - Resignation effective on
June 30, 2008.
12. Administrative Reports - The following administrators will provide administrative updates on their areas
Mr. Appel, Chilton Middle School Principal
*Middle School Activities
*Student Teacher Recognition
Dr. Schaid, Chilton High School Principal
*Academic Excellence Scholarship Recipient
Dr. Blink, Director of Curriculum, Instruction &
Assessment, District Data Manager, K-12 District
*Parent Connect Implementation Update
*Wisconsin State Reading Convention
*PI-34 Training and Licensure
Mrs. Schuster, Chilton Elementary School Principal
13. Convene in closed session pursuant to State Stat. 19.85 (1)(c)(f)to discuss administrative
compensation, potential preliminary notice of non-renewal of employment contract and specific personnel.
14. Reconvene in open session to take action on matters discussed in closed session if necessary and appropriate.
Mr. Russ Rautmann, Clerk
Board of Education