- First published on 17 September 2008 Posted in School Board Agendas & Minutes
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF CHILTON
Board of Education Meeting
Engler Center for the Performing Arts
Located at the High School Building
September 22, 2008 @ 7:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the School Board of the Chilton Public School District will meet on Monday, September 22, 2008, at 7:30 p.m. in the Engler Center for the Performing Arts located at the High School building, and that the agenda for said meeting is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call of members
3. Verification of notice pursuant to s. 19.84 (1)(f) Wis. Stats.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Approval of minutes from previous board meetings, to include committee meetings.
6. Approval of monthly bills and authorization to pay said bills.
7. Treasurer/Financial Report
8. Delegations: This is the time for any person attending the meeting as an observer to express a particular comment or concern. New staff introductions will take place at this time.
9. Superintendent's Report: The Superintendent will update the Board on achievements/accomplishments of Chilton students and/or staff.
10. Old Business:
a. President's Report - Paul Meier will update the Board on various topics.
b. Policy Committee Report - 2nd Reading of Revised Policy Second Reading:
*310 - Mission, Vision, Core Values and Belief Statements
c. Finance Committee Report - The Finance Committee will recommend that the Board of Education participate in the Wisconsin OPEB Trust sponsored by CESA 6.
d. WASB Regional Meeting - REMINDER - The WASB Regional Meeting will be held this year on October 23rd at Millhome in Kiel. Dinner - 6:30 p.m.; Program
7:30- 9:00 p.m. Please check your calendars and let Dawn Bartel know of your interest in attending this meeting.
e. Approval of Reading Recovery Contract - This is an annual approval of our contract to be affiliated with the Valley Area Reading Recovery Consortium. A copy of the 2008-09 Consortium Agreement is attached.
f. Personnel Approvals - Recommendations for Hire: Laura Meyer, Nutrition Services Department and Wendy Sterling, Nutrition Services Clerical Aide.
11. New Business:
a. District Leadership Team Presentation - The building leadership team at each school will be introduced to the Board. Each team will present their building goals
and school improvement implementation plans for the 2008-2009 school year.
b. Finance Committee Report - Equalized Aid and Equalized Values - Mrs. Lau will present to the Board of Education a presentation on equalized aid and equalized values.
c. NSBA Convention Attendance - The National School Board Convention will be held in San Diego on April 4 - April 7, 2009. It is advisable to make reservations as soon as possible. Board attendees should contact Dawn Bartel to initiate the registration process.
d. Participation in Winter Sports - Dr. Schaid will present to the Board the preliminary winter sports participation numbers. He will be recommending that due to low numbers, the district not support a girls' freshman basketball program.
e. Youth Options Requests - We are recommending approval of two Youth Options requests for students to take the following courses:
Intro to Film, UW Fox Valley
Fundamentals of Aviation Science, Wisconsin Virtual School
f. Student Field Trip Approval - We have a request from Mrs. Amy Thielman to take 3-4 FFA members to the National FFA Convention from October 22 through
October 25, 2008 to Indianapolis, Indiana.
12. Administrative Reports - The following administrators will provide administrative updates on their areas of responsibility:
*Opening of school
*Girls Swim Program to Include Diving
*District Support Plan
*Update on PIN Night
*Presentation at AWSA Conference
*Safety Patrol Selection
Debra Hintz, Clerk
Board of Education