2008-01-21 Regular Agenda
- First published on 06 August 2008 Posted in School Board Agendas & Minutes
Board of Education Meeting
Community Room of the High School Building
January 21, 2008 @ 7:30 p.m.
Notice is hereby given that the School Board of the Chilton Public School District will meet on Monday, January 21, 2008, at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the High School building, and that the agenda for said meeting is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call of members
3. Verification of notice pursuant to s. 19.84 (1)(f) Wis. Stats.
4. Pledge of Allegiance
5. Approval of minutes from previous board meetings, to include committee meetings.
6. Approval of monthly bills and authorization to pay said bills.
7. Treasurer's Report
8. Delegations: This is the time for any person attending the meeting as an observer to express
a particular comment or concern.
9. Superintendent's Report: The Superintendent will update the Board on
achievements/accomplishments of Chilton students and/or staff.
10. Old Business:
a. President's Report - Paul Meier will update the Board on various topics.
b. Policy Committee Report - 2nd Reading of Revised Policies - This is the second reading of the following policies:
*Policy 755-Wellness Policy
*Policy 154 & 155 - Remuneration & Reimbursement of Expenses
*Policy 465-Graduation Requirements
c. WASB Convention - Board members will discuss attendance and participation at the convention.
d. NSBA Convention Attendance - The National School Board convention will be
held in Orlando, March 29 - April 1, 2008. Board members interested in attending
should contact the Superintendent's office.
e. Acceptance of Gift to the District - We are recommending the acceptance of a Record Board from the Aquatics Club.
f. Athletic Committee Report - The Athletic Committee will make recommendations
to the Board on the following agenda items:
*Valders Withdrawing from Co-op
*Subsidizing Swimmers from Aquatics Club
*Charging Fees at Swim Meets
11. New Business:
a. Personnel Approvals -
Recommendations for Resignation/Retirement: Bev Wittmus, Cafeteria
b. SWOT Analysis Summary - Dr. Martin will provide a summary report of the
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) survey that was recently
conducted in the Chilton community.
c. Adoption of Special Education Policies and Procedures
d. Early Graduation Request - We are recommending approval of an early graduation
request. An Executive Summary form is enclosed in your packet for your review.
12. Administrative Reports - The following administrators will provide administrative updates
on their areas of responsibility:
Mrs. Schuster, Chilton Elementary School Principal
*PTA Meeting-January 22, 2008
*4K Screening and 5K Registration
Mr. Appel, Chilton Middle School Principal
*End of Semester Report on Student Progress
*Geography Bee and Spelling Bee
*Upcoming Winterfest in February
*Mulan Jr. Update-February 1-3
Dr. Schaid, Chilton High School Principal
*Update on Concert Admission Charges
*Overview of Grants Recently Submitted by the High School
*2008/2009 Registration/Scheduling Update
13. Convene in closed session pursuant to State Stat. 1985(1)(f) to hear a student appeal of
the Co-Curricular Code of Conduct, and State Stat. 1982 & 19.85(1)(c)(e) to discuss
14. Reconvene in open session to take possible action on matters discussed in closed session.
Mr. Russ Rautmann, Clerk
Board of Education