The Wisconsin Covenant Pledge
As Parents and Guardians of eighth grade students, Chilton Middle School would like to make you aware of the Wisconsin Covenant Pledge. This pledge is open for you and your child to sign and the deadline for doing so is September 30th of students’ freshman year.
The Pledge has three parts. The first part is a set of goals for students. The second is what students can expect during high school, and the third part is what students can expect once they are recognized as Wisconsin Covenant Scholars.
I pledge that:
- I will graduate from a Wisconsin high school.
- I will maintain at least a B average while in high school.
- I will take classes in high school that will prepare me for entrance into higher education and will meet or exceed college entrance requirements.
- I will demonstrate good citizenship and engage in activities that support my community.
- I will apply for state and federal financial aid in a timely manner.
- I will apply and do all that is necessary to gain admission to a University of Wisconsin System institution, a Wisconsin Technical College, and/or a Wisconsin private college or university.
Along the way, I can expect:
- Support from the Wisconsin Covenant Community.
When I successfully fulfill all covenant requirements, I can expect:
- Recognition as a Wisconsin Covenant Scholar.
- A place in a University of Wisconsin System institution, Wisconsin Technical College, or a Wisconsin private college or university.
- A financial aid package based on my family’s federally-defined financial need.
For More information about the Wisconsin Covenant Pledge, please call Brad Bowman at 920-849-9152 or visit http://www.wisconsincovenant.wi.gov/index.asp?locid=124