Links for musical auditions this year are below. More information will be given out the first two days of school.
We have changed our drop off/pick up zones at the Elementary School. Please take a look at this map and familiarize yourself with the new zones. If you have any questions, please stop in the cafeteria during open house on Aug. 30th.
As of now, students can stop in the high school office to pick up their Parking Permit Stickers for the start of the school year. All students who will be driving to school are reminded that they will need to purchase a parking permit sticker before the start of school on September 1, 2016. Forms are available online or in the high school office.
The attached REACH (Reducing Excessive Alcohol Consumption for Health) Coalition message for parents and families incorporates data gathered by the 2015 Calumet County Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) with encouragement to take an active role in substance abuse prevention by talking to their children.
Open to all 5th - 6th - 7th and 8th grade students
Practice begins Monday, August 22nd at 5:30 until approximately 6:45
Meet at the high school entrance "B"
Have physical/alternate year form, emergency card, concussion waiver and athletic code forms completed and handed in to the middle school office before the 1st practice.
Contact Mrs. Jane Schmitz at 920-849-7400 or text/call 920-418-2211 for more information.
The pool will be closed all day on Saturday, July 30th due to a swim meet.
It’s that time again! Time to begin planning for next school year’s marching season!
Music for the show has already been given to students. I ask that all students please have their music memorized before camp begins, as this will make learning the show much easier for them. Also, flip folders will not be permitted on the field this year. To use as practice aides, recordings and extra copies of music are available on Schoology.
In late August we will begin practicing and putting the show together. Listed below are the practice dates and performance dates. We will rehearse weekly on Monday nights from 7-8:30pm, starting August 29th, and ending after our October 7th performance, with the exclusion of Labor Day. Please note the dates and times and take note of any current conflicts. Students will not be excused for practices or performances unless conflicts are recorded by Ms. Kochan in advance.
- Aug. 15: 9am-12:00pm FRESHMAN AND NEW MARCHERS ONLY Rehearsal & Uniform Fittings @ CHS
- Aug. 16-18: Band camp at Camp Sinawa: Meet at CHS at 8am on August 16th, return at 12pm on August 18th.
- Aug. 23: 9am-12:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Aug. 24: 9am-12:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Aug. 29: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept. 2: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Roncalli)
- Sept 12: 7-8:30pm: Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 16: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Valders)
- Sept 19: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 26: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 30: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (New Holstein) HOMECOMING
- Oct 3: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Oct 7: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Kiel)
BAND CAMP FAQ
- What time do I need to be at CHS on August 16th?
8:00am! We will begin bag and med checks at this time. Busses will leave as soon as everyone is checked. We will return to CHS at 12:30 on August 18th.
- What do I bring?
- 1 BAG LUNCH (to be eaten on Tuesday)
- Sleeping Bag
- Bug Spray
- Marching Tennis shoes
- Your marching instrument
- Marching Band music
- Lyre and Flip folder
- Comfortable clothes for marching
- Snacks (if you get hungry often) :)
- Any medication you have--please put in a ziplock bag.
- What if I lost my marching music or need help practicing over the summer?
Recordings of all the marching tunes, AND copies of all parts are on Schoology. If you are unable to access these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you what you need.
- What if I’m in sports?
If you are in sports (football, dance team, volleyball, cross country, swimming) you will ride TO camp with the band on the 16th. On the 16th and 17th the busses will take you back to the HS around 2:30pm, and return you to camp around 6:30pm. You will ALWAYS be able to eat meals before you leave camp, and after you return to camp.
- What does the schedule look like at camp?
You will receive a set itinerary when you arrive at camp, and some activities may need to be rearranged with weather pending. However, most outdoor rehearsals and sectionals will take place in the morning/early afternoon with music rehearsals/swimming/canoeing/etc in the mid-afternoon/early evening.
- What happens if there is inclement weather while we are there?
Rules, regulations, and safety procedures will be discussed, first thing, when we arrive at camp. There are designated safety areas on the premises, which will be included in the tour of the camp.
- Will I be able to get cell phone reception at camp?
Barely! In case of emergency, Sinawa’s phone number is (920) 758-2615, and the address is: 9113 Camp Sinawa Rd, Valders, WI 54245
- What are the facilities like?
Have no fear, there IS indoor plumbing, electricity, and running water. This camp isn’t as scary as some of you might be thinking. :)
- What are Camp Expectations?
- Use of illegal substances are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are caught with contraband your parents will immediately be contacted and you will be removed from camp.
- Camp Sinawa is our home for these 2.5 days. It is OUR responsibility to clean up after ourselves so we can be invited back.
- All school rules, per the student handbook, still apply, as you are representing the Chilton community.
It’s already time to be thinking about ordering the 2017 Tiger Yearbook! The “early bird” order form will be available at the Fee Collection event at the high school on July 19, 2016. You can pick up your order form to review and then either do an online order through jostensyearbooks.com or drop off your order form with payment in an envelope at the high school office. Please take advantage of this opportunity to order your yearbook at a reduced rate. The yearbook is $45.00 and cover icons are FREE until August 31st!
See attached flyer for more information.
More Articles ...
- 2016 Senior Slideshow & Graduation Ceremony DVD
- May 25th Choir Concert Ticket Update
- 2016 Book Fair Info
- 2016 CHS Plant Sale
- Bayeux Tapestry at Engler Center on Tuesday, May 10
- Gr 5-12 Concert – May 25th at 1pm & 7pm
- May Menu
- 2016 Princess Pamper Day Information
- Chilton Designated 2016 Best Communities for Music Education
- 2016 April Menu
- Feb. 29, 2016 CHS Music Department Informational Meeting
- March Menu 2016
- 2016 Tiger Yearbook Sales Ending Soon
- 2016 Family Reading and Technology Nights
- Bullying Presentation Information
- February Menu
- Severe Weather and School Closings
- 2016 Tiger Cards Now On Sale
- Chilton Superintendent Search
- January Menu 2016