The pool will be closed all day on Saturday, July 30th due to a swim meet.
It’s that time again! Time to begin planning for next school year’s marching season!
Music for the show has already been given to students. I ask that all students please have their music memorized before camp begins, as this will make learning the show much easier for them. Also, flip folders will not be permitted on the field this year. To use as practice aides, recordings and extra copies of music are available on Schoology.
In late August we will begin practicing and putting the show together. Listed below are the practice dates and performance dates. We will rehearse weekly on Monday nights from 7-8:30pm, starting August 29th, and ending after our October 7th performance, with the exclusion of Labor Day. Please note the dates and times and take note of any current conflicts. Students will not be excused for practices or performances unless conflicts are recorded by Ms. Kochan in advance.
- Aug. 15: 9am-12:00pm FRESHMAN AND NEW MARCHERS ONLY Rehearsal & Uniform Fittings @ CHS
- Aug. 16-18: Band camp at Camp Sinawa: Meet at CHS at 8am on August 16th, return at 12pm on August 18th.
- Aug. 23: 9am-12:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Aug. 24: 9am-12:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Aug. 29: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept. 2: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Roncalli)
- Sept 12: 7-8:30pm: Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 16: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Valders)
- Sept 19: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 26: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Sept 30: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (New Holstein) HOMECOMING
- Oct 3: 7-8:30pm Rehearsal @ CHS
- Oct 7: 6:30pm Halftime Performance at Morrissey Field (Kiel)
BAND CAMP FAQ
- What time do I need to be at CHS on August 16th?
8:00am! We will begin bag and med checks at this time. Busses will leave as soon as everyone is checked. We will return to CHS at 12:30 on August 18th.
- What do I bring?
- 1 BAG LUNCH (to be eaten on Tuesday)
- Sleeping Bag
- Bug Spray
- Marching Tennis shoes
- Your marching instrument
- Marching Band music
- Lyre and Flip folder
- Comfortable clothes for marching
- Snacks (if you get hungry often) :)
- Any medication you have--please put in a ziplock bag.
- What if I lost my marching music or need help practicing over the summer?
Recordings of all the marching tunes, AND copies of all parts are on Schoology. If you are unable to access these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you what you need.
- What if I’m in sports?
If you are in sports (football, dance team, volleyball, cross country, swimming) you will ride TO camp with the band on the 16th. On the 16th and 17th the busses will take you back to the HS around 2:30pm, and return you to camp around 6:30pm. You will ALWAYS be able to eat meals before you leave camp, and after you return to camp.
- What does the schedule look like at camp?
You will receive a set itinerary when you arrive at camp, and some activities may need to be rearranged with weather pending. However, most outdoor rehearsals and sectionals will take place in the morning/early afternoon with music rehearsals/swimming/canoeing/etc in the mid-afternoon/early evening.
- What happens if there is inclement weather while we are there?
Rules, regulations, and safety procedures will be discussed, first thing, when we arrive at camp. There are designated safety areas on the premises, which will be included in the tour of the camp.
- Will I be able to get cell phone reception at camp?
Barely! In case of emergency, Sinawa’s phone number is (920) 758-2615, and the address is: 9113 Camp Sinawa Rd, Valders, WI 54245
- What are the facilities like?
Have no fear, there IS indoor plumbing, electricity, and running water. This camp isn’t as scary as some of you might be thinking. :)
- What are Camp Expectations?
- Use of illegal substances are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are caught with contraband your parents will immediately be contacted and you will be removed from camp.
- Camp Sinawa is our home for these 2.5 days. It is OUR responsibility to clean up after ourselves so we can be invited back.
- All school rules, per the student handbook, still apply, as you are representing the Chilton community.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year!
Families will receive their registration packet for the 2016-2017 school year shortly. We are doing something a little bit different this year by mailing only those pieces of information that we felt were absolutely necessary. All of the information items can be found in this article that you can access at your convenience at any time through the DISTRICT tab NEW TO CHILTON. We hope you find this method more convenient to you.
The (Cash and Check only) fee collection dates/times/locations are:
- Tuesday, July 19, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the High School Commons
- Tuesday, August 16, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Elementary/Middle School Cafeteria
Remember that you can make out one check for all of your students fees, no need for multiple checks. You can also make payments through e-Funds at any time. e-Funds accept credit card payments with a fee. Please see the e-Funds information sheet attached.
- New Student Registration Packets: English, Español
- Welcome Back Letter: English, Español
- 2016-2017 School Calendar
- 2016-2017 Fee Schedule
- e-Funds Information
- Elementary School (CES): English, Español (both updated 2016-07-08)
- Middle School (CMS) (updated 2016-07-08)
- High School (CHS) (updated 2016-07-13)
- Prescription Medication Consent Form
- Non-Prescription/OTC Consent Form
- Prescription Inhaler Medication Consent Form
- Asthma Letter to Parents
Asthma Action Plan
- Seizure Letter to Parents
Seizure Action Plan
- Allergy Letter to Parents
Severe Allergy Action Plan
- Dietary Restriction Letter to Parents
Dietary Requests Form (from WI DPI)
- Physician Order for G-Tube
- Student Immunization Law
Student Immunization Record
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications (all updated 2017-07-11)
Technology / Internet Appropriate Use and Online Safety Policies (AUP)
- AUP Family Signature Sheet: Online Form (updated 2016-07-14)
PDF Verion: English, Español (updated 2017-07-11)
- AUP Information: English, Español (updated 2016-07-08)
High School Specific
- Chilton High School Parent-Student Handbook (updated 2017-07-11)
- CHS Parking Registration (updated 2017-05-27)
- CHS Daily Schedule (updated 2016-07-13)
- CHS Requirements for Participation in Athletics & School Activities
English, Español (both updated 2017-07-11)
- CHS Athletic Alternative Transportation Form
Athletics - General
- Chilton School District Athletic Concussion Form and Info:
English, Español (both updated 2017-07-11)
- Concussion HS Testing Signup and Schedule:
English, Español (English updated 2017-07-11)
- Chilton Booster Club Athletic Assistance Application
- Chilton Booster Club Family Registration Form – Please complete for athletes in grades 7-12
- WIAA Eligibility Rules and Forms (from their website)
- Scheduled events can be found on the Chilton RSchool Calendar
It’s already time to be thinking about ordering the 2017 Tiger Yearbook! The “early bird” order form will be available at the Fee Collection event at the high school on July 19, 2016. You can pick up your order form to review and then either do an online order through jostensyearbooks.com or drop off your order form with payment in an envelope at the high school office. Please take advantage of this opportunity to order your yearbook at a reduced rate. The yearbook is $45.00 and cover icons are FREE until August 31st!
See attached flyer for more information.
Students and parents can now order until Sunday, June 5 in the CHS office the 2016 Senior Slideshow and the Graduation Ceremony (a multi-camera production, hopefully – barring any major technical issues) DVDs. Packaged within a thin case with custom cover, the DVD makes a nice keepsake for the Graduate and his/her family members.
PRICE: $20 / each. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE AT THE TIME OF ORDER. Make checks payable to CHS.
The DVDs should be available for pickup in the High School office by Monday, June 13. DVDs must be picked up by Thursday, July 28, 2016.
May 9, 2016
Dear Parents –
We’d like to provide an update on the ticket situation for the May 25 choir concerts. At this time, the 7 pm concert is SOLD OUT. We thank all of you for going online and reserving your tickets. It has helped us track the seating/overcrowding situation and will make for a better experience for all – performers and audience members.
We do understand that there are a few families out there who were unable to secure tickets to the 7 pm performance. To help alleviate that situation, we have begun a waiting list for tickets to that performance. To help facilitate getting tickets to those that need them, we are asking those of you that may have now found out you have more tickets than you need to email your child’s music teacher with the number of extra tickets you have and then to send them to school with your child. We will then redistribute the tickets to those on the waiting list. Here is their contact information–
Joy Paffenroth – 6-12 Grade Choir Director – email@example.com – 849-2358 x. 6158
Kim Tiegs – 5th Grade General Music Teacher – firstname.lastname@example.org – 849-9152 x. 2252
Russ Rautmann – Exec. Dir. of The Engler Center – email@example.com – 849-2358 x. 4847
There are still tickets available to the 1 pm performance and those can be reserved at www.englercenter.com.
Thank you so much for our cooperation and understanding as we work through this process. Please feel free to call/email if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Claire Martin – Superintendent
Mr. Ty Breitlow – CHS Principal
BOOK FAIR INFO
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Chilton Elementary & Middle School Library. We hope to see you there to get prepared for summer reading!
DATES & TIMES
May 17 5-8:30 p.m. CMS Awards Night
May 18-20 before school, lunch/recess, after school
May 23 5-8:30 p.m. CES Fine Arts Night – Grades 1-4
May 23-26 before school, lunch/recess, after school
May 26 LAST DAY!
Can’t stand crowds? Order online May 9-25
Friday, May 6th 3:30-5:30
Saturday, May 7 9:00-12:00
See attached pdfs for more information and prices.
First published on 30 April 2016 Posted in District News
UW Oshkosh, in collaboration with Chilton Arts Core presents a once in a lifetime chance to see the Bayeux Tapestry!
One of only four to-scale reproductions in the world of what has been called the most famous embroidery in history— the Bayeux Tapestry —will be on display in the Engler Center for the Performing Arts Center at Chilton Public School district.
Embroidered by an anonymous group of women after William the Conqueror assumed the English throne in 1066, the original tapestry chronicles the events leading to the Norman conquest of England in a visually stunning and unparalleled depiction of medieval life and warfare.
The 230-foot long painted reproduction matches every detail of the original embroidery. Unfolding like a pictorial newsreel, it replicates one of the world’s most unique artistic masterpieces. To learn more about the history of the Tapestry, visit the following website: http://bayeux.uwosh.edu/history-of-the-bayeux-tapestry/.
Tuesday, May 10
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Teachers and students can view the Tapestry and produce Arts Integration Projects
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Chilton Public School Arts Integration Gallery Walk and Tapestry Tour
- 5:30 p.m. – Hors d’oeuvres served – View the Student Art Integration Projects
- 6:15 p.m. – Tapestry Tour begins
Chancellor Leavitt from UW Oshkosh and Dean Jespersen from the University of North Georgia will be leading a 20-minute tour of the Tapestry starting at 6:15 p.m.
More Articles ...
- Gr 5-12 Concert – May 25th at 1pm & 7pm
- May Menu
- 2016 Princess Pamper Day Information
- Chilton Designated 2016 Best Communities for Music Education
- 2016 April Menu
- Feb. 29, 2016 CHS Music Department Informational Meeting
- March Menu 2016
- 2016 Tiger Yearbook Sales Ending Soon
- 2016 Family Reading and Technology Nights
- Bullying Presentation Information
- February Menu
- Severe Weather and School Closings
- 2016 Tiger Cards Now On Sale
- Chilton Superintendent Search
- January Menu 2016
- CMS Announces auditions for “Lion King Jr”
- 2015 FFA Fruit & Coffee Pickup
- 2015 Kringle Sale
- December 2015
- Chilton FFA Donkey Basketball Returns