For those students attending callbacks for the Middle School production of High School Musical Jr., please use the following music to prepare.
First published on 13 December 2016 Posted in School Board News
The 2015-16 Accountability Report Cards from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction's Office of Educational Accountability are now posted under the Curriculum section of the District website.
You can access all public and private schools including Chilton's directly at https://apps2.dpi.wi.gov/reportcards/
Dear Parent or Guardian:
We are entering the time of year when we may see influenza (flu) and other respiratory viruses at school. CPS wants to let you know what steps are being taken to keep our school community healthy and how you can help.
Respiratory infections, such as the flu and common colds (colds), are spread when people come in close contact with sick people and inhale airborne droplets, or come in contact with contaminated surfaces. Flu and colds symptoms can sometimes be difficult to tell them apart, but consider this:
|How it begins||Sudden||Gradual|
|Cough||Severe||Mild to moderate|
|Muscles||Achy||None to mild aches|
|Stuffy, runny nose||Sometimes||Common|
|Fever||None to high grade||None to low grade|
If symptoms persist or worsen, make an appointment with your healthcare provider to be evaluated. The flu can be serious for children of all ages, causing them to miss school, activities, or even be hospitalized.
We take the health of our students seriously and work very hard to keep these viruses from spreading. We regularly clean frequently touched areas such as door knobs, stair rails, telephones, computer keyboards, and bathroom faucets and fixtures. We also instruct students and staff to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Take 3 approach to fight the flu:
1. Get the flu vaccine every year
2. Take everyday preventative actions to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash hands often with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available,
- Cover coughs with a disposable tissue or cough into their sleeve,
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth,
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals,
- Avoid sharing cups and eating utensils, and
- Stay home when sick.
3. Take flu antiviral drugs if your healthcare provider prescribes them
You can help us maintain a healthy school environment in a variety of ways:
- Make sure your children receive all recommended immunizations, including an annual flu vaccine,
- Reinforce all of the above preventive behaviors practiced at school,
- Make sure children get plenty of exercise, sleep, and healthy food, and
- Keep sick children home, especially if they have a fever above 100o F, diarrhea, vomiting, or a severe cough.
A couple additional important points:
- Notify your child’s healthcare provider if your child develops difficulty breathing or a new onset of wheezing, and
- If your child has asthma, please make sure we have a copy of your child’s Asthma Action Plan.
Important information about preventing the flu can be found at these websites:
- http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/children.htm and 2
- Find a place near you to get the flu and other vaccines at http://vaccine.healthmap.org/.}
If you have any questions, contact the school nurse, Katie Breitlow, at 849-9388. Together we can have a healthy school year!
Chilton Public School Nurse
Elementary Winter Concert will be held on Dec. 13 at the Engler Center for the Performing Arts. The schedule of performances is as follows:
1st Grade – 6:00pm
2nd Grade – 6:30pm
3rd Grade – 7:00pm
4th Grade – 7:30pm
There is no 1:30 Concert.
Please see the attached letter for specific information.
First published on 02 December 2016 Posted in CMS News & Press Releases
All interested students in grades 5-8 are invited to audition for the upcoming musical production of “High School Musical Jr!” The first round of auditions will take place December 14 – 20 during music classes at CMS. 7th and 8th grade students not currently enrolled in choir should contact Mrs. Paffenroth or Mrs. Hanson to set up an audition time. Call backs will be on December 22nd. The cast will be announced on Friday, December 23rd. For the first round of auditions, students should choose one of the songs listed under the following categories:
- “When You Wish Upon A Star” – girls
- “A Whole New World” - boys
Students interested in a lead part should audition individually. Students interested in being in the chorus may sing with a partner. During initial auditions students will only sing. For call backs, students should be prepared to sing again and read for characters.
Below you will find mp3s of the audition songs to practice with. All students planning on auditioning should pick up an information sheet, an audition sheet and the appropriate music from Mrs. Paffenroth or Mrs. Tiegs in the choir room. Audition sheets are due to Mrs. Hanson by December 8th.
For more information regarding our production of “High School Musical JR” – please visit http://www.mtishows.com/disneys-high-school-musical-jr
Attached is the fifth REACH (Reducing Excessive Alcohol Consumption for Health) Coalition message for parents and families incorporates data gathered by the 2015 Calumet County Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) with encouragement to take an active role in substance abuse prevention by talking to their children.
Attached is the fourth REACH (Reducing Excessive Alcohol Consumption for Health) Coalition message for parents and families incorporates data gathered by the 2015 Calumet County Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) with encouragement to take an active role in substance abuse prevention by talking to their children.
More Articles ...
- Upcoming Arts Integration Events at Chilton
- 2016-11-10 CHS Blood Drive
- 2016 Chilton FFA Fruit & Coffee Fundraiser
- Order 2017 Yearbook at Reduced Rate
- 2016-10 REACH Coalition Message #3
- October Menu 2016
- 2016-09 REACH Coalition Message #2
- Mental Health Services Available
- 2016-09-16 Dodge Booster Club Fundraiser
- 2016 CHS Fall Musical Audition Information
- New Drop Off Process at CES
- CHS Parking Permit Pickup
- September Menu 2016
- 2016-08 REACH Coalition Message
- Middle School Cross Country
- 2016-07-30 Pool Closed
- 2016 CHS Marching Band Info
- 2016-17 Registration Packets and Information
- 2017 CHS Yearbook 'Early Bird' Offer
- 2016-07-24 Chilton FFA Alumni Breakfast