First published on 03 September 2009 Posted in CHS News & Press Releases
Chilton High School Principal, Dr. Timothy J. Schaid, informed students on the first day of the2009/2010 school year that there has been a slight change to the expectations the school will have of students regarding cell phone usage. The change is that this year students will continue to be permitted to bring the cell phones to school; however, the phones must be off and stored in the student’s locker during classes. Students are permitted to use their cell phones before and after school, during passing periods, and during lunch. Cell phones are not permitted in the school library at any time of the day. This change was made after the 2009/2010 Parent/Student Handbooks were printed. Parents and students should make the applicable change in their handbook.
The Chilton School District is required to locate, identify, and evaluate all children, with disabilities, including children with disabilities attending private schools in the school district, and homeless children. The process of locating, identifying, and evaluating children with disabilities is known as child find. Please see attached for the entire notice.
Although the School District of Chilton does make requests for local, state and federal grants, we are always looking for ways to increase revenues without further taxing our community members and parents. Cash donations to the School District of Chilton are tax deductible and are always appreciated. However, this is not the only way the community can support the public school and its students.
SCHOOL CALENDAR CHANGE
MAY 19th will be a full instructional day for all students. Students are to report to their regularly scheduled classes.
Regarding Swine Flu Information
VOCATIONAL ARTS GREENHOUSE PLANT SALE
When: Saturday, May 9 - 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Monday - Thursday, May 11-14 - 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Where: Greenhouse Located on the West Side of the High School Building
First published on 21 April 2009 Posted in CHS News & Press Releases
More Articles ...
- How Much Can a School Tax?
- April 6 Varsity/JV Baseball Game at Chilton Rescheduled for April 17
- March 31 Chilton Baseball at Little Chute Rescheduled for April 3
- April is School Library Media Month
- Chilton Celebrates Read Across America
- Board of Education - Candidate Forum
- 2009 CHS Awards Night & Art/Technology Education Show Set for Wednesday, May 20
- 2009-10 Budget Reduction Recommedations
- CHS Wall of Honor's First Induction Class
- Chilton High School Enacts New Transcript Request Policy
- 2009-10 CHS Class Registration Material
- New CHS Bell Schedule for Spring 2009
- Chilton Makes Wisconsin School News Cover
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
- SCHOOL CALENDAR CHANGE
- Open Records Requests
- Highest-ranking School Districts Honored for Technology Innovation Know-How
- CPS Welcomes You to Speak Up
- Submit Pictures for CHS Yearbook Online
- CHS Fall Athletic Awards Set for Nov. 3