First Published on 21 October 2014 Posted in CHS News & Press Releases
Dear School District of Chilton Parents/Guardians,
At the start of the new school year, with input from parents, Board Members, and school safety professionals, the School District of Chilton has been working toward improved safety measures, especially in our school entrance areas.
Recently, door entrance security was added to Chilton Elementary and Middle School. Due to additional hardware that must be ordered for the Middle School, the Middle School is not yet ready for electronic entry. However, the Elementary School is now admitting visitors to the school through a locked/buzz-in system, as has been in place at the District and High School offices. We anticipate that the Middle School will be fully functioning, like our other buildings, by the end of next week.
In addition to the door locking systems, opaque film has also been added to several of the windows surrounding the main entrances of the schools. This safety feature was recommended after a comprehensive review of our facilities and endorsed by the Calumet County Sherriff's Department. Typically on the other side of these doors/windows, we can have several hundred children eating lunch, lining up for busses, or preparing to exit the building for recess. The opaque film prevents line of sight of these large groups of students within the buildings.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, as we implement these changes in our schools.
Dr. Claire Martin
School District of Chilton
It's time to order the 2015 Tiger Yearbook! Order forms are also available in the library or high school office, or you can order online through jostensyearbooks.com. You may drop off your order form with payment in an envelope at the high school office or it can be given to Mrs. Saukel in the library. Please take advantage of this opportunity to order your yearbook at a reduced rate. The basic book with no options is $45.00. The price goes up to $50.00 on November 1st, 2014.
Coffee with the Superintendent
& with the School Police Liaison Officer
Tuesday, October 7 - 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Seven Angels Restaurant, Chilton
Do you have a question, comment, or concern
that you would like to share with the School District
of Chilton’s Superintendent or the Police
School Liaison Officer?
Dr. Claire Martin and Deputy Jacob Meyer will
be available at Seven Angels on Tuesday, October 7th.
Come and have a cup of coffee, talk with the
Superintendent and Deputy, or just drop in to say hello.
No appointment necessary.
14-15 MS student handbook now available
- 2014 Middle School Volleyball
- August 2014 Pool Schedule
- 2014 Middle School Cross Country
- Elementary Student Handbook 2014-2015
- PTA Elementary/Middle School Open House August 27th 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Elementary School 2014-2015 School Supply List
- July 22, 2014 - 2014-15 Registration, Fee Collection, and Fall Sports Sign-Up
- July 20, 2014 - Chilton FFA Alumni Pancake Breakfast
- HS Auditions for "Shrek the Musical"
- Q&A Session Regarding AP Retake Exams
- Alternate Re-Testing Schedule for Advanced Placement Exams at CHS
- Advanced Placement Schedule & Update
- Chilton Culinary Arts at High Cliff on Tuesday, May 27
- Middle School Supply Lists 2014-2015
- CHS Rescue Simulation Featured on WBAY
- Advanced Placement Review Sessions
- 2014 Brat Fry & Ice Cream Social
- 2014 CHS Plant Sale
- Screen Free (No TV) Week 2014
- Network Information For Graduating Seniors